Saturday, 8 November 2014

Day 48 (8/11/2014): Remember, Remember the 5th November

During my two years of living in Korea, I really missed Bonfire Night and I got quite home-sick around that time both years. I missed warming my hands up on the big blazing bonfire, the mesmerizing fireworks display, the smell in the air, the getting bundled up in your favourite hat, scarf and gloves, the way the sky lights up all evening long, writing your name with sparklers, the hotdogs and the treacle toffee and basically, the whole nostalgia of it all - the fact that this is what you do every year, despite the rain and the cold because, well, you just do.

Albeit a few days later, it is, much to my delight, celebrated here with a fireworks event at the Senior School. Unfortunately I was unable to attend last year so I was very excited that I was able to go along with friend this year. Although it wasn't quite the same as celebrating in Manchester, as I always have before, it was a lot of fun and an evening thoroughly enjoyed by all of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment